Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Teach Me - October 2011

Teach me
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above
.

God teaches us so many things. Over the past year, I've begun to see how God introduces you to an idea and changes your mind. Lately, I've been feeling frustrated by my lack of heart understanding. Mentally, I can whip out what God is teaching me and why, but my heart has been undergoing major surgery for the past several months.

It's interesting how I can mentally grasp, Psalm 147:10-11 "His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the Lord delights in those who fear Him, who put their hope in his unfailing love," yet my heart is having to feel every cut of the surgical knife.

God doesn't care about my strength, because it's not about me, but about his unfailing love in my weakness. I've been so scared to show vulnerability and weakness to my God and Savior, and he is slowly revealing to my heart that he is faithful to complete this work in me. The reality is that God is and was and will be aware of the complete failure that I am and was and will be. Isaiah 43:19 "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Again, a verse that logically should seem to come naturally, "Trust God. He's doing more than you could ever imagine!"

But, faith is not brought about by Hello Kitty Band-Aids, but by surgical precision. God's enforcing the fact that his ultimate plan is good. His ultimate plan is not about me. His ultimate plan is about himself. "C'mon Liz, Can't you see it? I will show you that my love is beyond anything that this world can offer. I will show you that my plan is to use you, yes the sinner that you are, for my ultimate glory. I love you. I will deliver you from your sin. I am faithful. I don't leave you in your junk, but I redeem you."

Praise the mount, I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.

2 comments:

  1. aaaaah! this is so good! I think this has been a reoccurring theme for me this week. Thanks for the Psalm 147 reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it painful, but so beautiful that He knows exactly where we need that wound? I love that He is patient and loving with my mess of a head and heart;) Thanks Em for the encouragement.

      Delete