Wednesday, September 12, 2012

GRAVITY - September 2011

GRAVITY
The cycle of wilderness living begins: no breathing, voices surrounding, conversation floating, daily life going on around, and trying to focus. FOCUS. My senses are acute: pounding head, aching heart, and limb numbness. Every part of me feels raw, vulnerable, and exposed.

She says to me, "You aren't your normal chipper self." It's been awhile since I've felt ready to face the day, much less chipper, but this innocent remark slings a derisive laugh within. "Really, today?" sarcasm dripping in the sinful response I would like to project, but only retaliating in my own head. I incredulously think, "Today, my iPod is just malfunctioning. How about months ago when life seemingly took a turn for the worse and forever changed?"

I want to fix everything, but I can't.

I'm devastated, angry, sad, lonely, lost, and confused.

RAW EMOTIONS LADEN WITH GUILT

In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
Where you invest your love, you invest your life
In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
Where you invest your love, you invest your life
(Mumford and Sons, "Awake My Soul")
I want the overflowing, happy, hopeful, cheerful, bountiful, focused, clarity. Be still? How am I supposed to be still when everything is crashing. Know? How am I supposed to know when everything is foreign? God? How is my weakness his strength? I sense the nearness of evil the harder I press in towards Him, and I cry to Him for help to sync my heart with His will.

GRAVITY OF REALITY MEETING CLARITY

Awake my soul, awake my soul
Awake my soul
You were made to meet your maker
(Mumford and Sons, "Awake My Soul")
He walked in the betrayal of his closest friend. He knows the gravity of being tired. He knows the collision of sorrow, anger, and frustration. He knows the weight of being overwhelmed, distressed, fearful, and exhausted by uncontrollable circumstances and temptation. He knows sorrow, pain, and the gravity of loss, "He said to them (disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane), my soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me." (Matthew 26:36)

Jesus was tempted, betrayed, hated, suffered, and died. He endured for me. He lived hard, so he could be with me in the gravity. Am I alone in loss, sin, or suffering? No, he knows. He knows. HE KNOWS. I must take hold and believe in his grace, wisdom, and love. I plead, "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." (Ps. 25: 4-5)

Matt Chandler's sermon "Gravity"

No comments:

Post a Comment