Wednesday, September 12, 2012

How He Loves - January 2012

How He Loves
To you, O Lord, she lifts up her soul. In you she trusts. Make your ways known to her. Teach her your paths. Lead her in your truth and teach her, for you are the God of her salvation; for you she waits all the day. Remember, O Lord, your compassion and your loving kindness for they have been from of old. (Psalm 25:1-2, 4-6)

How long, Lord? Will you forget her forever? How long will you hide your face from her? How long must she wrestle with her thoughts and day after day have sorrow in her heart? How long will her enemy triumph over her? Look upon her and answer her Lord. Give light to her eyes. (Psalm 13:1-3)

Her anguish is just a heart skip away. She closes her eyes, feels the heaviness of yesterday, and cries out. But, he softly whispers her name, draws her back into his cleft, and gently says to cast it all upon Him. "My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hiding places on the mountainside, show me your face, let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet, and your face is lovely" (Song of Solomon 2:14). He tells her to drop her burdens and keep her gaze towards him. He says to open her ears and listen, "I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what is promised you" (Genesis 28:15). I will restore your broken heart. I will mend the wounds of foolish mistakes and searing consequence. Keep running hard towards me, "...and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" (Jeremiah 33:3). Bring yourself; your real self for I am the "God who sees you" (Genesis 16:13a). You don't have to pretend. "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5). You don't have to put up false pretenses. "Don’t be afraid, I've redeemed you. I've called your name" (Isaiah 43:1-3). Cast your doubts, insecurities, and disillusionment upon me, and I will give you clarity. "Approach me with confidence, so that you may receive mercy and find grace in your time of need." (Hebrews 4:16). I will be your water in the desert heat. I have parted seas, calmed storms, and healed the sick. You are my child. I love you. I know who you are. I know who you have been. I know who you will be. Take heart and know my grace is sufficient. Take your hardship and place it in my hands; for I am the Lord your God who is and who was and who forever will be. Find peace. "Blessed are you my child when you trust in me, when you place your confidence in me. You will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. Do not fear when the heat comes. Your leaves will be green. Do not worry if you are in a year of drought; you will bear fruit" (Jeremiah 17:7-9). "Be still and know that I am God!" (Psalm 46:10). Stop trying to solve your problems on your own and realize that I've already battled for you. "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5). Do not try to figure out my plans, but trust that I am in control, "for nothing is impossible with me" (Luke 1:37). So, my precious one, "wait quietly before me, for victory comes from me...wait quietly before me, place your hope in me" (Psalm 62:1,5). My beloved, "rest secure, for I shield you all day long. I love you and you can rest between my shoulders" (Deuteronomy 33:12). She lies all her longings open before Him (Psalm 38:9), and He satisfies all of her needs (Isaiah 58:11).

No comments:

Post a Comment