Sunday, January 5, 2014

Fearless Heights

Anxious hearts weave through crossroads of confusion.
The road ahead looms, while the path behind leaves souls worn.
Kaleidoscope glimpses instill an urge to fear what lies ahead.

Take this heart.
Walk before me.
Whisper sweet soothings.
Draw me closer.

Hazy visions of expectations collide with reality.
Protectors fail.  Leaders bail.  Promises sail.
Lessons on disappointment force hearts to place hope higher than fear.

Take this mind.
Clear its clutter.
Grasp my hand.
Draw me closer.

Finite disappointment arises, but protection is ever present.
Anxious anticipations dissolve, because higher strength overcomes.
Darkness fades as light illuminates each step taken forward.

Take this life.
Exchange my heart.
Hold me steady.
Draw me closer.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.  Habakkuk 3:19



No comments:

Post a Comment